You will collaborate with senior management on the product vision and roadmap of a groundbreaking cinematic platform. From that vision you will distill product specifications and work with a team of engineers, designers and artists to create and deliver new versions of our platform and deliver experiences that our customers will love.
Aquifer is making studio-level animated stories fast and accessible for brands, storytellers, and creators. We are a team of film nerds, designers, artists, and technologists who believe that high-quality custom animation shouldn’t be out of reach for those who don’t have huge budgets and can’t wait for months to get one video. Whether it’s for education, entertainment, and social media. Aquifer’s technology helps businesses turn their content vision into studio-level animated video fast - and for a fraction of the cost of working with animation studios.
Our customers include some of the biggest creators on the internet and beloved brands. We empower them to develop character-driven stories that emotionally connect with audiences at the speed of culture.
Our mission is to spawn a new era for cinematic content and the art of animation.
· passionate about visual storytelling and the tools that enable it.
· have worked as a product manager on several technical products, and you are ready for a leadership role in an impactful startup.
· understand or are able to quickly learn the basics of the 3D animation process and tools
· understand the principles of user-centered design and have experience interviewing customers and gleaning actionable insights
· an expert at coalescing customer needs into requirements for development, design, and art teams
· organized, strategic, and can seethe big picture while managing the details
· an excellent communicator. You are able to collaborate and communicate effectively with management, team, and customers
· usability-focused: Capable of conveying your ideas through detailed Specs and Wireframes
· creative: able to imagine, construct, and test solutions to new challenges
· entrepreneurial: We move fast and pivot when we need to
· proactive, not reactive
Most importantly, you have have passion for the opportunity to create the next generation of cinematic technology, and the will to follow through.
· Align with senior management to schedule high-level production and technology goals, and translate those into deliverables.
· Align product strategy and development with ongoing bug fixing and improvement.
· Develop and document best practices, processes, and organize resources for the team and our customers
· Solve problems creatively
· Understand your customers, both internal and external, and translate their needs into better features.
· Work with the development team to define build, feature release, and development processes
· Collaborate and work efficiently and professionally in a team setting.
• Digital film and animation interest
• Software development experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university, or equivalent training (required)
2-5 years of product management experience, preferably at a startup or entreprenurial role
• Competitive pay
• People-friendly work environment: We encourage a mixture of off-site and in-office collaboration
• Be part of a startup that is growing quickly and changing the way people tell stories